CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! | Posts 16+

 
Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Vehicle-specific Hardware and Pin Assignments
Author Message
p.ostrich
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post27-05-2010, 14:29    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

I also have kvass.

Let me know.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:42.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post27-05-2010, 14:56    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

I'm in icon_smile.gif.

Der erste von der kvaser Liste hat gepasst.

Ich hab schon einiges identifiziert... nur mein Multifunktionslenkrad taucht nicht auf.
Evtl. muss ich da erst reincodieren dass ich Radio dran hätte, vllt. gibt er + und - für die Lautstärke ansonsten nicht raus.

05 3A was the key to success. {MARK}ER}05 3A was the key to success icon_cool.gif.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:42.
Back to top
benmar
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-05-2010, 8:52    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

Genau.
For Mercedes models around the year 2000, you need to simulate the radio in order to get the multifunction steering wheel. Otherwise, the necessary ID won't be recognized.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:43.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-05-2010, 9:12    Subject: USB not working in Mercedes 202? No connection Quote

Exactly.
For Mercedes models around the year 2000, you need to simulate the radio in order to get the multifunction steering wheel. Otherwise, the corresponding ID simply doesn't exist.

Yes, that's what 'cascade' also wrote on car-pc.info. He goes by the username 'mycedes' here.

Yesterday, I tried using the data he posted on car-pc.info with the CAN hacker, but nothing changed. However, I'm now going to program a radio into the instrument cluster (IC) using the Mercedes-Benz diagnostic system.

If it still doesn't work, I need to investigate further differences between my E-Class (W210) and my C-Class (W202), especially regarding the MFL and instrument cluster. If necessary, I might even try using an APS30 or something similar to monitor the data being transmitted on the bus when a radio is connected.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:44.
Back to top
benmar
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-05-2010, 9:41    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix Now! Quote

Okay, here are the data you need to send in order to simulate the radio system. This worked for me with a C-Class from 2001.

When the ignition is on, you will continuously transmit the following values.
ID DLC DATA
1A4 8 0x00 0x12 0x11 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
1A4 8 0x11 0x41 0x55 0x44 0x49 0x4F 0x00 0x00
1A4 8 0xA1 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

Damit schreibst du an das Audio Menü den text 'AUDIO'.
Then, when you go to the audio menu, it should no longer display ''AUDIO ----'', but only ''AUDIO'' in bold.
You will then receive a new ID in the CAN bus: 1D0.
This is the steering wheel remote control for the radio..Then you will receive a new ID on the CAN bus: 1D0.
This is the steering wheel remote control for the radio.Then you will receive a new ID on the CAN bus: 1D0.This is the steering wheel remote control for the radio.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:47.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-05-2010, 10:00    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

Danke!
Im cpc.info Thread war nur von einem Datensatz die Rede den man alle 1083ms schicken müsste.
'Continuously,' does that also mean 1083ms in your case? Or roughly a second? A lot seems to be happening at that rate.

Do you have any experience with changing the 'audio'? For example, switching from 'SWR 3' on the radio to an AI-generated source.?'Continuously,' does that also mean 1083 milliseconds in your case? Or roughly a second? A lot seems to be happening within that timeframe.'Has anyone had any experience with changing the 'audio' source? For example, how can you switch from a radio station like 'SWR 3' to an AI-based audio source?'


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:50.
Back to top
benmar
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-05-2010, 11:54    Subject: USB not working in Mercedes 202? No connection Quote

Yes, I have experience with that.
You can send all three frames sequentially, approximately every 1 second (but please don't have a 1-second pause between the three frames; instead, use only a few milliseconds).

In the second frame, you can write whatever text you want.

1A4 8 0x11 <- remains 0x11.
Then you can use the remaining 7 to write texts.

ascii
Use ASCII - Hex code

A = 0x41
B = 0x42
etc.

a = 0x61
b = 0x62
etc.

0 = 0x30
1 = 0x31
etc.

0x20 = Space character.

Just type 'ASCII code' into Google icon_wink.gif.

Okay: For 'SWR 3', the second frame would then look like this:
1A4 8 0x11 0x53 0x57 0x52 0x20 0x33 0x00 0x00

Have fun!


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:53.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post29-05-2010, 14:01    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix Now! Quote

Hab das jetzt mal versucht, aber leider keinen Erfolg gehabt.
Allerdings habe ich auch noch nicht ins KI schauen bzw. umstellen können.
'If nothing else works, I'll probably need to get a CAN-compatible Audio 10 or APS 30, etc., and listen in to see what's going on there. I suspect that you can't access the CAN IDs/sequences any other way.'.I suspect there's no other way to obtain the CAN IDs/sequences.I suspect there's no other way to obtain the CAN IDs/sequences.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:56.
Back to top
benmar
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post31-05-2010, 8:44    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

Bei mir hatte das so geklappt....
Yes, you're right. The simplest, and probably the only, way is to get an OEM radio and log it in.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:56.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post03-06-2010, 18:34    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

Jetzt nochmal ne doofe Frage...

So far, I've been connected to the CAN bus distribution point for the interior CAN network. That's where I get signals for things like window lifters and mirrors.

Das APS 30 was ich jetzt zum Testen habe, habe ich auch dort angeschlossen, da hat nichts funktioniert.
'That only works if it's directly connected to the AI unit. There are two pins for the radio there. It's also CAN (at least according to the APS30 pin description), otherwise it wouldn't have worked with myMercedes/Cascade for reading data on a W210.'

Jetzt hab ich mir ein zweites Adapterkabel gebastelt und mich mit dem CANUSB parallel zum Radio draufgehängt auf die Leitung die direkt zum KI geht.
'However, I'm not receiving anything there, and I can't interfere with the signal either (the display always shows the correct information, and the MFL buttons work on the radio).

Despite this, the bitrate seems to be 83.3 as expected.

I'm completely baffled as to why I'm not getting anything there... and if I do receive something, I hope it includes all the other information that I was receiving through my previous 'port'.'.'Despite everything, the bitrate here is still 83.3, I assume.

I'm currently baffled as to why I'm not getting anything there... and if I do get something, I hope it includes all the other information that I used to receive through my previous 'port'.'I'm currently baffled as to why I'm not receiving anything from there... and if I do receive something, I hope it includes all the other information that I previously received through my 'portal.'


Translated on 25-08-2026, 9:58.
Back to top
benmar
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post04-06-2010, 12:54    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

Ja, dort liegen alle Infos an, ich lese den CAN Bus immer über die Can Leitungen aus, welche zum Radio geführt werden.
83,333 kbit is correct.

It's very strange that you're not receiving anything there. Please try all the values we sent you again.n.It's very strange that you're not getting a signal there. Please try entering all the values we sent you again.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 10:00.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post05-06-2010, 14:27    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

Bin drin!

Am Radio darf der Widerstand nicht dazwischen sein.

Jetzt mal die rausfinden die das Radio identifizieren.
Wenn das Radio nicht dran ist, les ich garnix momentan.

Unfortunately, the window lifters, mirrors, etc., are no longer attached here icon_sad.gif.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 10:01.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post06-06-2010, 12:44    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

I now know that I need to send data to ID 328. That's the one that also controls the display content. As soon as anything is received there, the buttons become active on the CAN bus.

Nur scheint bei mir das System anderes zu sein als bei dir im 203, benmar.


A1 01 00 00 00 00 00 00
0C 72 11 20 20 20 20 20 0C r 11
NO
0E 20 20 20 20 20 50 48 0E PH
1F 4F 4E 45 00 00 00 00 1F ONE
00 12 11 01 01 01 01 01
00 12 11 01 01 01 01 01
01 52 44 53 20 31 30 30 01 RDS 100
12 2E 34 00 00 00 00 00 12.4
03 11 01 20 20 20 20 20
04 20 46 4D 33 20 20 20 04 FM3
15 20 53 50 20 00 00 00 15 SP
06 72 11 20 20 20 20 20 06 r 11
07 20 20 20 4E 4F 20 20 07 NO
08 20 20 20 20 20 50 48 08 PH
19 4F 4E 45 00 00 00 00 19 ONE
0A 12 11 01 01 01 01 01
0A 12 11 01 01 01 01 01
0B 52 44 53 20 31 30 30 0B RDS 100
1C 2E 34 00 00 00 00 00 1C .4
0D 11 01 20 20 20 20 20 20
0E 20 46 4D 33 20 20 20 0E FM3
1F 20 53 50 20 00 00 00 1F SP
A1 01 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 72 11 20 20 20 20 20 00 r 11
01 20 20 20 4E 4F 20 20 01 NO
02 20 20 20 20 20 50 48 02 PH
13 4F 4E 45 00 00 00 00 13 ONE
04 12 11 01 01 01 01 01
A1 01 00 00 00 00 00 00
04 12 11 01 01 01 01 01
05 52 44 53 20 31 30 30 05 RDS 100
16 2E 34 00 00 00 00 00 16 .4
07 11 01 20 20 20 20 20
07 11 01 20 20 20 20 20
08 20 46 4D 33 20 20 20 08 FM3
19 20 53 50 20 00 00 00 19 SP
A1 01 00 00 00 00 00 00


This is roughly the trace of a sender switchover. Everything happens on ID 328.
He likely transmits the A1 01 00 00 00 00 00 as 'keep.' Everything in between determines the text, which can also be identified (see right: RDS 100.4; NO PHONE; SP; FM3). The first bit seems to be some kind of control information, while the remaining 7 bits represent text. However, there are also some lines that seem to transport control information.


I haven't been able to get anything out yet. When I send only the command 'A1 01 00 00 00 00 00' from the PC, the display remains completely blank.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 10:08.
Back to top
benmar
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post07-06-2010, 8:13    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

A1 01 00... clears the display.
Try sending your trace and see what happens on the display.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 10:15.
Back to top
DarkRothaus
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post10-06-2010, 19:14    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

I've now managed to condense it into four lines to achieve that.


http://www.imagebanana.com/img/02bimu6b/IMG_7644.JPG

Die große Textzeile wird wohl über zwei Folgen befüllt.
DiI haven't quite figured out the logic for the small things at the top (like sender storage space in radio broadcasts).us.I haven't quite figured out the logic behind those small values displayed at the top (like sender storage space on a radio).


Translated on 25-08-2026, 10:16.
Back to top
benmar
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post14-06-2010, 8:46    Subject: USB Not Working in Mercedes 202? Fix It! Quote

Sieht doch schon mal ganz gut aus.
I think the first byte indicates the target.


Translated on 25-08-2026, 10:16.
Back to top
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Vehicle-specific Hardware and Pin Assignments
Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts Canhack Data Not Found: Troubleshooting Guide CANhack.de CAN-USB System: RKS+CAN
No new posts CAN bus in Mercedes CAN Smalltalk, CAN News, Smalltalk
No new posts CAN im Mercedes C-Klasse (202) Vehicle-specific Hardware and Pin Assignments
No new posts Mercedes W204 EZS CAN ID? CANhack.de CAN-USB System: RKS+CAN
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.