CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

Connecting a Golf IV speedometer to an Audi A3???

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Engine CAN
Author Message
AnalogoN
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post08-11-2011, 11:35    Subject: Connecting a Golf IV speedometer to an Audi A3??? Quote

HI

I'm new here and already have a question:

I'm planning to install a 1.8T engine from a 1998 Audi A3 with 150 horsepower into my Golf Mk2 over the winter.
The technical aspects don't pose a problem for me, but I want to install the speedometer from a Golf IV because I simply find it more aesthetically pleasing than the one from the Audi.

The question is now:
I will be taking over the entire engine, as well as the ABS/ESP system, and also some of the compact electronics. To what extent can I simply connect the speedometer from a Golf to the Audi? I heard that CAN bus speeds can be different.

I would be very happy if one of you could help me icon_smile.gif.

Best regards.
AnalogoN

P.S.: For someone who doesn't know much about electricity, your registration questions are quite tricky.


Translated on 03-07-2026, 15:19.
Back to top
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Engine CAN
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts Connecting Audi A8 D3 seats CAN Bus General
No new posts Arduino: Control VW Golf 4 Speedometer Microcontrollers and Electronics, Programming
No new posts Audi A8 D3 Dashboard Menu Project Microcontrollers and Electronics, Programming
No new posts Audi A3 8P: Sending ignition signal via CAN bus CAN Bus General
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.