| Author |
Message |
wagnersepp1511 Guest
Free account, no CAN development support
|
01-01-2012, 17:01 Subject: Listen to the Bus: Ambient Sounds & More |
Quote |
|
Hello everyone!
I want to connect to the bus of my central heating system and 'listen in' (from the control unit to the user interface).
Using an oscilloscope, I measured that the bus is running at 67 kbit/s. In 'listen only' mode, I don't see any messages. In normal mode, I can sometimes display a maximum of one message, after which the bus crashes and the red LED on my CAN232 device lights up.
Can anyone help me? I would be very grateful for any advice.
Sure, here is the translation of the text from German to English:
'Best regards,
wagnersepp1511'
Translated on 29-09-2026, 12:46.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Surfjenser
Joined: 01/04/2012 Posts: 39 Karma: +0 / -0 Location: Hannover
Free account, no CAN development support
|
20-01-2012, 0:04 Subject: Listen to the Bus: Ambient Sounds & More |
Quote |
|
What voltage levels did you measure with the oscilloscope?
And what kind of transceiver does the CAN232 have?
Translated on 29-09-2026, 12:47.
|
|
| Back to top |
Profile PM |
 |
TDISchorsch Guest
Free account, no CAN development support
|
24-01-2012, 23:55 Subject: Listen to the Bus: Ambient Sounds & More |
Quote |
|
Does the CAN232 device introduce additional termination resistance to the bus?
I've experienced that before as well; it can be difficult to identify with SMD components. With an 11 or 29-bit error, the adapter shouldn't crash immediately.
Translated on 29-09-2026, 12:47.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|