CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

Alfa Romeo 147 JTD: Specs, Review & More

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Vehicle-specific Hardware and Pin Assignments
Author Message
JörgJTD16V
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-01-2006, 0:05    Subject: Alfa Romeo 147 JTD: Specs, Review & More Quote

hello
I've been trying and testing things for a while now... (so far, using OBD) to figure out what's not working with my car.

I don't have the CAN bus interface yet, but from what I've found out so far, it should work with it to read some data.

Okay, let's talk about the technology now.

Both CAN bus circuits are available at the car's OBD connector.

C-CAN = Motor + ABS + Steering (Motor CAN)
B-CAN = Climate control + Speedometer + Radio + Door controls (Comfort CAN).

The CAN signal could also be accessed via the radio connector.

http://people.freenet.de/joerg_1970/joerg/bilder/auto/conn_obdf.gif
PIN 1: Wire K for NFR.
PIN 2: C-CAN H for diagnostics.
PIN 3: Wire K for AIRbag.
PIN 4: Power ground.
PIN 5: Signal ground.
PIN 6: B-CAN, used for diagnostics.
PIN 7: Diagnosis of NCM/NCR.
PIN 8: Immobilizer system wire.
PIN 9: Preparation for Unit 2.
PIN 10: C-CAN L for diagnostics.
PIN 11: Not assigned.
PIN 12.
not verified.
PIN 13: Preparation for Unit 3.
PIN 14: B-CAN A for diagnostics.
PIN 15: Line L.
PIN 16: +12V, not switched.

You can also find all of this information on the following page: click on 'Auto' http://www.joerg-sydow.de.


Translated on 13-09-2026, 6:46.
Back to top
TTron
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-01-2006, 11:25    Subject: Alfa Romeo 147 JTD: Specs, Review & More Quote

So, actually, the air conditioning is connected to the engine's CAN bus... are you sure it's on the comfort CAN bus on the Alpha model?


Translated on 13-09-2026, 6:48.
Back to top
JörgJTD16V
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post28-01-2006, 12:12    Subject: Alfa Romeo 147 JTD: Specs, Review & More Quote

hi TTron

'That's what the technical documentation for this vehicle states.'

I have the technical CD-ROM from the manufacturer, which contains all the schematics and related documentation.

and it's described like this there.

I don't have the CAN-BUS adapter yet, so I wouldn't bet on it.


Translated on 13-09-2026, 6:49.
Back to top
C1500
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-01-2006, 13:55    Subject: Alfa Romeo 147 JTD: Specs, Review & More Quote

Hi Jörg,

Do you have a complete address list for your JTD?

I've already managed to find out some addresses.
See my Stilo thread here.
<!-- l --><a class='postlink-local' href='http://www.canhack.de/en/viewtopic.php?t=28'>viewtopic.php?t=28</a><!-- l -->

It's possible that the Alfa is very similar.
Sure, I'd be happy to compare. Please provide the text you would like me to translate from German to English.

(Otherwise, I would be very interested in the protocol for the Alfa.)

Regards,
Peer.


Translated on 13-09-2026, 6:50.
Back to top
JörgJTD16V
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post31-01-2006, 17:52    Subject: Alfa Romeo 147 JTD: Specs, Review & More Quote

Hello Peer,

'No, I haven't received any addresses from Alfa yet.'

That was just a general description of the functions of the CAN bus.
and provide an explanation of what's involved.

'When I get the CAN bus adapter, I'll start working on it. The results will, of course, be posted here.'


Translated on 13-09-2026, 6:51.
Back to top
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Vehicle-specific Hardware and Pin Assignments
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts Alfa 159 steering angle Engine CAN
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.