RKS+CAN Adapter für CAN-Bus Sniffing
CAN-Interface
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protokolle - CAN-Bus Forum für Dein CAN-Bus Projekt. CAN-Bus und Elektronik.

USB CAN interface - easy way to check it works

Neues Thema beginnen Auf Beitrag antworten Weitergeben, Thema teilen Lesezeichen setzen Druckansicht CANhack.de - Übersicht » CANhack.de CAN-USB System: RKS+CAN
Autor Nachricht
Tony G
Gast

Kostenloser Account, kein CAN Entwicklungs-Support

Beitrag02-04-2006, 19:42    Titel: USB CAN interface - easy way to check it works Antworten mit Zitat

Hello! - first post - my apologies it in English.

I bought the CANUSB interface.

Today, I had time to install onto my laptop and check everything works on my new vehicle which arrived this week.

I used the USB to serial software, and the device appears on COM4

Nothing seems to work, so I have some questions:

1) What default serial settings should I use?
2) What default settings should I use within Canhack software.

My car is a VW T5 Multivan, with plenty of CAN busses to play with! I am initially using the OBDII connector and lead.

Any help in English on getting the basic settings would be very welcome.

Thanks, Tony
andi
Gast

Beitrag02-04-2006, 19:49    Titel: USB CAN interface - easy way to check it works Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Tony,

first of all, sorry I can't help you BECAUSE: I have exactly the same problem icon_wink.gif

today I tested the device for the first time with a VW Golf V (which uses all functions over CAN) and connected it to OBD-diagnostic-port. The Port COM4 appears on my Notebook, and I tested several speeds, and with running motor and so on...but no logs at all...

when I click on connect, it displays connected (but it always says it is connected, when the COM-Port appears in the device-manager)
the grren light at the CAN-Connector blinks for a second and then disappears.
I clicked in the CAN-Hacker-application on connect an then start...nothing happens

something we have to do, so it will work?

Greetz,
Andi

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 09-02-2012, 18:26, insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet.
Tony G
Gast

Beitrag02-04-2006, 20:24    Titel: USB CAN interface - easy way to check it works Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Andi,

Your description is identical to my setup and results!

The mk V features very similar CAN bus architecture too, so any help will be good for both of us.

Tony
jensen
Gast

Beitrag20-04-2006, 20:38    Titel: USB CAN interface - easy way to check it works Antworten mit Zitat

When I connect my adapter directly to the can cables at the radio (Infotainment bus) all works fine.
Mictronics
Gast

Beitrag20-04-2006, 21:05    Titel: USB CAN interface - easy way to check it works Antworten mit Zitat

You possibly need to perform an initialization sequence in accordance with ISO15765-4 to get data on your OBD connector.
Also OBD transfer is normaly done in request response manner and the OBD CAN stub is separate from all other in-car CAN bus systems.
Try to request data from the OBD CAN gateway, see also ISO15765 for details.

Bewertungen - USB CAN interface - easy way to check it works

Durchschnittsbewertung: 0,00 - schlechteste Bewertung: 0 - beste Bewertung: 0 - Anzahl der Bewertungen: 0 - Bewertungen ansehen

Du bist nicht dazu autorisiert dieses Thema zu bewerten. Danke sagen
Neues Thema beginnen Auf Beitrag antworten Weitergeben, Thema teilen Lesezeichen setzen Druckansicht CANhack.de - Übersicht » CANhack.de CAN-USB System: RKS+CAN
Ähnliche Fachartikel und Themen
Thema Community Bereich
Keine neuen Beiträge vector CANoe interface java/.net ? CAN Softwaretools und Software
Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.