CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

CANHACKER: Access Astra Benchboard Functions

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Software Tools and Software
Author Message
Sme_86
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post24-08-2010, 23:17    Subject: can tool: Access Astra Benchboard Functions Quote

Good evening, everyone!
I have a very basic question, as I'm new to this field, so please forgive my lack of knowledge.
Here's the translation:

'What I did: At our university, we have an OPEL ASTRA (I don't recall the exact year of manufacture). Or, to put it another way, we wired all the electrical components to a test bench to demonstrate their functions.'
Bin dann heute voller Vorfreude mit meinen neuen Fuchs'schen CAN Adapter und can tool an das Board, hab mir das Signal geschnappt das dem Lichtsteuergerät sagt was es tun soll und habe dann versucht mithilfe der Daten der einzelnen Lichtpositionen (abblendlicht, fernlicht etc) das ganze via can tool zu steuern. So, und genau das geht nicht. Why?
Is the frame from the main switch control unit dominant and blocking everything? I've tried everything in every direction:
Light is on - want to turn it off from the laptop - nothing.
The light is off, and I'm trying to turn it on from the laptop, but nothing is happening.

I didn't receive any response.
Could someone please give me a nudge on my project?
Thank you icon_smile.gif.


Translated on 23-09-2026, 1:00.
Back to top
p.ostrich
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post25-08-2010, 9:14    Subject: can tool: Access Astra Benchboard Functions Quote

wenn du das Signal direkt an das betreffende Steuergerät schickst sollte es auch klappen.
Check:

- Settings like speed, etc.
- ID correct (hex, decimal)
- Data range correct

Can you log the signals from the switch control unit? If you can, you've essentially already got the settings right.g'Please check:'- ID correct (hex, decimal)- Data range correct.Can you log the signals from the switch control unit? If you can, you've essentially already configured the settings correctly.Sure, here's the translation:

'lg' is a German abbreviation that stands for 'liebe Grüße,' which means 'best regards' or 'warm greetings.' It's commonly used in emails, letters, and other forms of communication to express affection or goodwill.


Translated on 23-09-2026, 1:02.
Back to top
Sme_86
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-08-2010, 11:21    Subject: can tool: Accessing Astra Benchboard Functions Quote

Okay, so, to describe my setup again:

I connected the CAN adapter via the OBD2 interface. I am able to read signals using can tool.
Ich habe also die ID vom Lichtsteuergerät recht einfach rausgelesen.
I also receive the data. So, I have read out the data from the different switch positions: low beam, high beam, and no light.
Nun hab ich mir diese Daten rausgeschrieben, einen neuen Frame erstellt, die Daten eingegeben und das ganze ins System gefeuert.
Just to be complete: All control units are still present! Do I need to remove the lighting control unit (i.e., the transmitter, not the actuator) from the system before everything can function?

Danke für Eure Hilfe!
Danie.lDaniel.


Translated on 23-09-2026, 1:03.
Back to top
p.ostrich
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-08-2010, 14:16    Subject: can tool: Accessing Astra Benchboard Functions Quote

Hi.
The problem will be that the message is sent more frequently. The control unit will turn on the lights and activate the low beam headlights...

Wobei es sogar auch noch zusats Bits (BIT) geben kann die für licht an oder aus stehen.
If you've structured it like that, doesn't your teacher have a database of commands and other information??If you've structured it like that, doesn't your teacher have a database of commands and other information?


Translated on 23-09-2026, 1:04.
Back to top
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Software Tools and Software
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts OPEL Astra OPC CAN Vehicle-specific Hardware and Pin Assignments
No new posts BMW E90 fan control Engine CAN
No new posts Accessing the Smart's instrument cluster Interior / Comfort CAN
No new posts Approaching Haldex 4-Motion General
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.