| Author |
Message |
Manekin Guest
Free account, no CAN development support
|
15-09-2010, 2:10 Subject: Audi S8 Temp Sensor Adapter - Analog to Digital |
Quote |
|
Hello,
ich bin neu hier und habe leider nicht viel Ahnung von CAN BUS.
Mein Problem ist folgendes.
I installed a Navi Plus system in my 1996 Audi S8, and it's working perfectly.
However, I had to modify my center console to fit a double DIN unit. This meant I had to use the one from the facelift model, as the one from the previous model is not available.
So, I also had to take over the climate control panel and all the switches. Of course, the plugs from the switches don't fit. However, I can connect them using terminal blocks.
Fortunately, all the connectors fit the climate control unit, and the function is not impaired, except for one: the air conditioning compressor.
Ich habe festgestellt das die Außentemperaturanzeige im Kombiinstrument nur einmal beim einschalten der Zündung kurz -26°C anzeigt und dann ausgeht.
Da The climate compressor stops working below -6°C, and it's deactivated by the control unit, so it can't function.
I've studied the wiring diagrams for both control units (the original one and the one from the facelift). I've noticed that the new one uses a CAN bus, while the old one doesn't.
Also, the new control unit's wiring diagram doesn't show a sensor for the outside temperature. I assume that the control unit retrieves the outside temperature value via the CAN bus.
Now, here's my idea:
Is it possible to build a converter that takes the analog signal from the wiring harness and converts it into a CAN bus signal to feed into the control unit?
Alternatively, I could install a new sensor. I've found temperature sensors with CAN bus functionality on Google.
They can be programmed.
However, I don't know much about programming.
The next problem is that I don't have a vehicle to use to log the data from the sensor.
I have an A6 with CAN bus, but I don't know if the data is the same.
I hope someone has an idea or can help me somehow.
I'm grateful for any advice.
Sincerely, MarkusI have studied the wiring diagrams for both control units (the original one I have installed and the one from the facelift). I have noticed that the new one uses a CAN bus, while my old one does not.
Also, the wiring diagram for the new unit no longer shows the sensor for the outside temperature. From this, I conclude that the control unit retrieves the outside temperature value via the CAN bus.
Now, here's my idea:
Is it possible to build a converter that takes the analog signal from the wiring harness and converts it into a CAN bus signal for the control unit?
Alternatively, I could install a new sensor. I have found temperature sensors with CAN bus functionality on Google.
These can be programmed.
However, I don't have much knowledge of programming.
The next problem is that I don't have a vehicle that I can use to log the data from the sensor.
I have an A6 with CAN bus, but I don't know if the data is the same.
I hope someone has an idea or can somehow help me.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Sincerely,
Mark'I have now studied the wiring diagrams for both control units (i.e., the one originally installed and the one from the facelift). I have found that the new one I want to install has a CAN bus system, while my old one does not.'Similarly, the new design no longer includes the outdoor temperature sensor in the wiring diagram. From this, I conclude that the control unit retrieves the outdoor temperature value via the CAN bus.Now, let me share my idea:Is it possible to build a converter that takes the analog signal from...?You can also install a new sensor. I found temperature sensors with a CAN bus on Google.
They can be programmed.
I don't know much about programming, though.
The next problem is that I don't have a vehicle to use to record the data from the sensor.
I have an A6 with a CAN bus, but I don't know if the data is the same.
I hope someone has an idea or can help me somehow.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Best regards,
MarkuYou can also install a new sensor. I found temperature sensors with a CAN bus interface on Google.I have an A6 with a CAN bus, but I'm not sure if the data is the same.
I hope someone has an idea or can help me somehow.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Sincerely,
MarkuI hope someone might have an idea or be able to help me somehow.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Sincerely,
MarkuBest regards, Marku.Best regards,
Markus
Translated on 15-09-2026, 19:19.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Manekin Guest
Free account, no CAN development support
|
25-09-2010, 17:51 Subject: Analog Adapter for Audi S8 Temperature Gauge |
Quote |
|
Does anyone have any ideas???
Translated on 15-09-2026, 19:24.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
comtom Guest
Free account, no CAN development support
|
26-09-2010, 8:41 Subject: Analog Adapter for Audi S8 Temperature Gauge |
Quote |
|
Hello everyone,
First of all, I'd like to welcome everyone. I've been registered for a while, but this is my first time posting here.
Regarding your problem, I would take a closer look at the wiring diagrams for the older and newer models. For example, in the VW Passat 3B, the exterior temperature sensor was connected to the climate control unit, and the signal was passed through to the instrument cluster (IC). When it later received a comfort-CAN bus, into which the climate control unit was integrated (unlike in the Golf IV), the exterior temperature sensor was connected directly to the IC, which generated the CAN ID for the exterior temperature and supplied it to the climate control unit.
However, it would also have been possible to reprogram the climatronic, as the same model was installed in the Golf IV. Only the newest version, which has the button beep sound from the Skoda Superb, cannot be reprogrammed  . Whether reprogramming is possible for you should be indicated by VCDS.
Translated on 15-09-2026, 19:25.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
reieg99 Guest
Free account, no CAN development support
|
29-09-2010, 23:10 Subject: Analog Adapter for Audi S8 Temperature Gauge |
Quote |
|
Hello everyone,
First of all, I'd like to welcome everyone. I've been registered for a while, but this is my first time posting here.
Nice, Welcome
I think I recognize you from another forum (T5, or?).
Bye.
Andi.
Translated on 15-09-2026, 19:27.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
comtom Guest
Free account, no CAN development support
|
30-09-2010, 8:17 Subject: Analog Adapter for Audi S8 Temperature Gauge |
Quote |
|
Good morning.
Nice, Welcome
I think I recognize you from another forum (T5, or?).
Bye.
Andi
That's exactly who I am  .
Translated on 15-09-2026, 19:28.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|