CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

Hardware Consulting for Control Systems

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Author Message
Blue
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post27-07-2015, 11:38    Subject: Hardware Consulting for Control Systems Quote

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, I have very little knowledge of CAN bus systems, but I would like to start working with them.

I have a container that is set up for office applications and used at events.

We would now like to switch the following components from two inputs (essentially in a toggle configuration).

Outdoor lighting, 4 units.
Flashlight 1x
External speakers for audio playback.
later, possibly more.

Here's what I've come up with. I'm going to use two pieces of 2x4 control panels.
Then I've covered the 6 required functions with 8 keys, and I can still add 2 more applications or use 1 key for 'everything off,' is that correct?
Can this be done with parallel connection, for example, if both 'Button 1' on both keyboards have the same ID? The backlight of the keys should indicate the power-on status on both keyboards.

What other hardware do I need? A CAN master, which one? What else? And where can I even get the parts? I haven't really found anything in the online marketplace, at the large river company, or at the blue electronics retailer icon_wink.gif, nor at their related companies.

Programming skills in various languages are available. That shouldn't be a problem.

Questions upon questions. I hope you can help me!
Best regards and thank you in advance.
Yannik.


Translated on 15-09-2026, 19:11.
Back to top
CAN-Diagnose
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar-CAN-Diagnose

Joined: 06/07/2011
Posts: 575
Karma: +29 / -0   Thank you, like it!
Location: Ländle



Post27-07-2015, 12:00    Subject: Hardware Consulting for Control Systems Quote

Hallo,

mir ist nicht ganz klar, was genau die Aussenbeleuchtung machen soll. Falls nur von 2 Orten aus ein/aus empfehle ich einen Lichtschalter. Kann man auch als Wechselschaltung verdrahten.

Wofür ist der CAN Bus bei dem Container gedacht?

icon_smile.gif
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Rainer Kaufmann - Embedded Software Freelancer
System RKS+CAN: CANHack.de CAN-Bus Interface


Last edited on 27-07-2015, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Back to top Profile PM WWW
Blue
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post27-07-2015, 12:12    Subject: Hardware Consulting for Control Systems Quote

Hello,

It is correct that the outdoor lighting should only be able to be turned on or off.

However, we would like to use a compact keyboard with backlighting (different colors for on and off). Three standard light switches would actually require significantly more space than such a compact control panel, and unfortunately, the functionality with the status display cannot be easily implemented in that way.

It's also great that you can use a single button to turn multiple lights on and off simultaneously, or that you can change the grouping through programming.

We were thinking of a control unit like that (or something similar)!

http://www.miunske.com/image.php?File=246e6a5a5595536a1feca959cee0e415.jpeg

Best regards, Yannik.


Translated on 15-09-2026, 19:14.
Back to top
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.