CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

CAN Bus Messages: A Comprehensive Guide

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Author Message
roemerma
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post24-08-2015, 10:30    Subject: CAN Bus Messages: A Comprehensive Guide Quote

Hello, my name is Martin Römer. Thank you for the invitation.

I want to implement the CAN bus in my company. I've read a lot about it, and I think I have a good fundamental understanding of it.
However, at one point, I clearly have a persistent problem.
Here's the translation:

'I understand that in the CANopen protocol, TPDOs and RPDOs occupy specific address ranges. For example, TPDO1 has the address 0x180 + Node-ID. In telegram examples, I've also seen addresses like 0x181 + the rest, or 0x281 + the rest for a TPDO2. The receiving controllers then use these TPDO addresses in their filter banks. However, I don't understand what the corresponding RPDO addresses are needed for. I haven't found them in any telegrams.'
Can anyone help me untie this knot?
Thank you in advance.


Translated on 29-09-2026, 4:44.
Back to top
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts Possible Telegrams, Golf IV General
No new posts Send/route CAN telegrams via diagnostic CAN General
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.