CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

Programmable CAN Bus Box: Control & Expand

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Author Message
S4A_2
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post10-12-2007, 23:18    Subject: Programmable CAN Bus Box: Control & Expand Quote

Hello!

I'm (unfortunately) a beginner when it comes to CAN, Atmel, MCUs, etc., but I have a rather simple question:

I am looking for a programmable CAN interface module.

'That means, for example, if I put the car in reverse, the transmission registers that and automatically switches my RNS-E to TV mode via CAN bus (e.g., to display the rear-view camera).'

Or I press the volume up/up/down/down buttons on the steering wheel, and the car's control unit recognizes it and opens the trunk.

'Or, I have some unused buttons left over from a navigation system that was connected to the CAN bus. These buttons haven't been used since I modified my A4, but they still transmit data when pressed. Now, I want to intercept the transmitted data in the box, transform it, and re-transmit it, meaning converting message 12345 on ID 1234 into message 0001 on ID 441, etc.'

Has anyone by chance seen something like this before, or can you give me a tip where I can find instructions? I'm building something similar myself using an Atmel with an MCU, etc., but I would need a kind of how-to/tutorial with corresponding circuit board layouts, etc. At least a tip about a basic schematic that can do this would be enough for me; it doesn't need to do anything fancy, just read, understand, and transmit icon_smile.gif. I think I'll manage the programming part, as I already have experience with C(++) icon_smile.gif.

If anyone has already created something like this commercially and wants to sell it, they can feel free to send me a private message.
I can reprogram the board or the CPU to suit my needs.

Sure, here's the translation:

'Thank you.'


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:30.
Back to top
haui
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post14-01-2008, 17:02    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

I have some units available from a small production run that are now in excess. The circuit is based on the PIC18F2480 microcontroller and features 4 inputs for door contacts or similar sensors, an I2C interface, a CAN interface, two LEDs, and an RS232 port. It connects via a 20-pin AMP connector and comes in a small enclosure with mounting tabs – essentially a 'black box.' It can both transmit and receive data over the CAN bus. Sample programs are available. It is sold as a kit, either with a bare PCB or fully assembled.
If you are interested, please send me a private message.


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:33.
Back to top
Maxx
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post15-01-2008, 12:27    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

Kannst du Infos hier reinschreiben?
Wie wird die Box programmiert?
Welche Sprache?
Was soll sie kosten?

SGM


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:34.
Back to top
haui
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post15-01-2008, 17:01    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

I am using the following environment for programming:
IDE: MPLAB 7.50. I'm programming the device using C (MPLAB C18), but assembly language is also possible.
Programming device: ICD2 from Microchip, debugging is possible with it.
Cost: €79.00 plus VAT for the kit (assembled board + enclosure). You will receive a proper invoice.
No E1 approval and no CE marking. For private use only.

Example software is not included as standard; it is available optionally at a cost of €99.00 plus VAT per user, as a one-time 'usage fee.' Commercial use on a large scale and redistribution are expressly prohibited.
Extremely helpful for getting started quickly. Further development and improvement are possible and encouraged.

Currently, I am developing a version of the black box that, instead of RS232, has 4 high-side outputs (maximum 0.7A). This will allow for the implementation of smaller control tasks.


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:36.
Back to top
Maxx
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post15-01-2008, 23:43    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

Interessant!
Danke für die Infos!
Sure. Please provide the text you would like me to translate from German to English. I will only provide the translation, without any explanations.MSGM


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:37.
Back to top
rathma
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post20-01-2008, 16:24    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

I once posted a small circuit diagram on this forum; you can easily program it using BASIC (or even with GNU/GCC!).
The total cost is approximately 20 euros, including VAT, and it can also be used for commercial purposes.


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:38.
Back to top
haui
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post23-01-2008, 23:48    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

Here are some pictures of the described CAN box:

http://www.drivelog.de/canbox/canbox.jpg
http://www.drivelog.de/canbox/canbox_geh.jpg
http://www.drivelog.de/canbox/canbox_stecker.jpg
http://www.drivelog.de/canbox/stecker.jpg
http://www.drivelog.de/canbox/Anschlussschema.jpg


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:38.
Back to top
Maxx
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post24-01-2008, 0:07    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

It looks verschandeln icon_smile.gif.
Welcher Transceiver ist eingebaut?

SGM


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:39.
Back to top
haui
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post27-01-2008, 22:27    Subject: Programmable CAN Box: Features & Benefits Quote

MCP2551 or PCA82C25X or compatible...


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:39.
Back to top
Mackhack



Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 17
Karma: +0 / -0   Thank you, like it!
Location: Offline

CAN Support

Post11-10-2012, 20:11    Subject: Programmable CAN Bus Box: Control & Expand Quote

Is there anything else from you, @haui?
Mackhack


Translated on 22-08-2026, 1:39.
Back to top Profile PM
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts Freely programmable motor controllers CANhack.de CAN-USB System: RKS+CAN
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.