CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

Newbie Help: Getting Started & Tips

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Author Message
seaksub
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post29-11-2009, 15:56    Subject: Newbie Help: Getting Started & Tips Quote

Hello,

Ich mochte an meinem MINI COOPER S Bj, 2007 die candaten auslesen, z.b. gyrosensoren, verschiedene motordaten etc..
Does this data come through the CAN bus that is connected to the OBD2 interface? What kind of software do I need for this? I have an OBD2 interface adapter from the company Diamex.
Here is some information about it:
Technical specifications for DXM:

SMD compact module suitable for industrial assembly and manual assembly.
Hardware for OBD2 control onboard.
Firmware for OBD2 control onboard.
TxRx 3V3 level.
Cortex-M3 CPU - 32-bit - Controller.
72MHz internal.
3V3 power supply for external connection on board - max 55mA.
Jumperless.
Bioscontrol.
Bootloader.
Onboard LEDs for Connect and Datastream.

Protocols
J-1850 PWM
J-1850 VPWM
ISO 9141-2.
ISO 14230-2 (KWP2000) 5-baud initialization.
ISO 14230-2 (KWP2000) fast initialization.
CAN 11/500
CAN 29/500
CAN11/250
CAN29/250


Board

4-layer multilayer, 1mm PCB, reflow solderable.
Features:

K/L Protector IC on board.
CAN signal voltage, maximum 24V, vehicle electrical system.
55mA at 3.3V available for the target.
ISP interface.
Standard LCD interface via ISP port.
Standard TxRx interface, 3.3V level.
Adjustable baud rate from 9600 to 250,000.

kann ich damit etwas anfangen? oder ist es für diesen zweck ungeeignet? welches programm ist zum auslesen geeignet?
greetings björnBest regards, Björn.


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:28.
Back to top
joeausro
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post29-11-2009, 18:54    Subject: Newbie needs help! Quote

Hi,
Does this go through the CAN bus that is connected to the OBD2 interface?
wenn du in den elek. schlatplan siehts, kannst du erkennen ob da der CAN mit drauf ist.

What kind of program do I need for that?
eines dass mit deiner hardware kompatibel ist.

I have an adapter for the OBD2 interface from the company Diamex.

war da keine software dabei?


SMD compact module suitable for industrial assembly as well as for manual assembly
so wie es aussieht, hast du nur das controllerboard.

Hardware for OBD2 controlling on board.
Firmware for OBD2 control onboard.

und wenn du glück hast, sind die daten im odb2 stream drinnen.
CAN 11/500
CAN 29/500
CAN11/250
CAN29/250

What speed does the mini use? Standard or extended frames?

Can I do anything with this? Or is it unsuitable for this purpose? Which program is suitable for reading the data?

I think you might have to program the controller yourself. Then it doesn't matter which protocol you implement for evaluation on the PC..}CAN 11/500 CAN 29/500 CAN11/250 CAN29/250 }}}
I almost think that you can/have to program the controller yourself. Then it doesn't matter which protocol you implement for evaluation on the PC.I almost think you might have to program the controller yourself. Then it doesn't matter which protocol you implement for data analysis on the PC.


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:33.
Back to top
p.ostrich
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-11-2009, 17:09    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

Hi.
Ist das das hier?
<!-- m --><a class='postlink' href='http://diamex.agv5000.de/'>http://diamex.agv5000.de/</a><!-- m -->

Do you only need the CAN data, or do you also want the values and DTCs?


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:35.
Back to top
seaksub
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-11-2009, 18:01    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

it is this one <!-- m --><a class='postlink' href='http://dxm.obd-diag.net/html/starter-kit.html'>http://dxm.obd-diag.net/html/starter-kit.html</a><!-- m -->

I'm interested in oil temperature, boost pressure, gyroscope sensors, coolant temperature, oil pressure, intake air temperature, etc.


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:35.
Back to top
joeausro
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-11-2009, 18:30    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

'Those who can read have a clear advantage.'
for moDIAG, OBD-DIAG, and many other AT-based OBD2 programs

Have you already figured out the CAN parameters for the MINI?


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:36.
Back to top
seaksub
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-11-2009, 18:34    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

nein, wenn ich wüsste wo ich da anfangen soll wäre es schön....wie gesagt, habe von der materie null ahnung.
dThe only thing I know is that the CAN low and high lines are connected to the OBD port. My OBD software provides a lot of sensor data, but not the data I want or need, such as oil pressure and oil temperature.p.The only thing I know is that the CAN low and high lines are connected to the OBD port. My OBD software provides a lot of sensor data, but not the data I want or need, such as oil pressure and oil temperature.


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:37.
Back to top
p.ostrich
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-11-2009, 18:57    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

naja die Software wird auch nur die Identifier ausspucken, welche wofür sind, und was die Daten bedeuten musste selber zuordnen.
Maybe you should also familiarize yourself with Can and see how it works. Especially if you have absolutely no idea.

It's best to read a bit and then feel free to ask some questions here...
That's where I would start.nMaybe you should also familiarize yourself with Can and see how it works. Especially if you have absolutely no idea.That's where I would start.That's where I would start.


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:38.
Back to top
joeausro
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post30-11-2009, 20:18    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

nein, wenn ich wüsste wo ich da anfangen soll wäre es schön....wie gesagt, habe von der materie null ahnung.
dThe only thing I know is that CAN low and high are connected to the OBD output. My OBD software outputs a lot of sensor data, but not the data I want/need, such as oil pressure and oil temperature.

And then we're back to my favorite topic:

[/u]newbie looking for a finished product at zero cost[/u]R}The only thing I know is that the CAN low and high lines are connected to the OBD output. My OBD software provides a lot of sensor data, but not the data I want or need, such as oil pressure and oil temperature.}Okay, and then we'd be back to my favorite topic:}newbie is looking for a finished product at zero cost}


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:39.
Back to top
p.ostrich
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post01-12-2009, 11:41    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

hehe. ja immer wieder oder?

But I still hope that people will be interested in educating themselves and working hard icon_smile.gif.....


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:40.
Back to top
p.ostrich
Guest




 


Free account, no CAN development support

Post01-12-2009, 12:41    Subject: Newbie needs help: [Specific topic] Quote

http://canhack.de/en/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13


Translated on 14-09-2026, 0:41.
Back to top
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » CAN Bus General
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts Vehicle Speed Signal Required for ME 7.1.1 Engine CAN
No new posts CAN Bus Help: Troubleshooting & Support CANhack.de CAN-USB System: RKS+CAN
No new posts CS Calculation Help: Get Your Answers Now! General
No new posts Help with directions CAN Software Tools and Software
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.