CANhack.de CAN-Interface RKS+CAN
CAN Hardware, CAN Software, CAN Protocols - CAN Bus Forum for Your CAN Bus Project.

CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues

 
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Interior / Comfort CAN
Author Message
Vcdsworkx



Joined: 06/18/2016
Posts: 4
Karma: +0 / -0   Thank you, like it!


Premium Support

Post18-06-2016, 18:41    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

Hi.

I have a quick question about the RKS+CAN device... I'm using it with either the Can-hacker or the Kcanmonitor software.

Driver is up to date.

Reading and transmitting data on the CAN bus instrument cluster at 500 kbits is not a problem.

Now, let's get to the problem:
"I can read data at 100 kbps without any problems, but whenever I try to send something, the receive function in the CAN-hacker stops working. It essentially crashes until I disconnect and reconnect the bus."

It doesn't matter what I send or how much, it constantly freezes (or however you want to describe it).

I haven't experienced these problems with Kombi-Can, and several friends have confirmed that their loggers don't have this issue either.


Normal? Not normal? Or even a suggestion for a solution?

Thank you for your help.

Best, Tim.


Translated on 29-09-2026, 16:18.
Back to top Profile PM
CAN-Diagnose
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar-CAN-Diagnose

Joined: 06/07/2011
Posts: 575
Karma: +29 / -0   Thank you, like it!
Location: Ländle



Post18-06-2016, 19:05    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

Hi Tim,

zuerst einmal habe ich mir erlaubt, das Thema hierher zu verschieben.

Quote:
Jetzt zum Problem:
Infotainment 100kbits Lesen alles kein Thema, nur sobald ich was sende bleibt mir der Receive im Can-hacker einfach stehen loggt nicht weiter. Stürzt sozussagen ab bis ich den Bus trenne und wieder verbinde.

das RKS+CAN wird mit KCANMonitor ausgeliefert, warum das uralte Programm Can-hacker abstürzt weiß ich nicht, ich habe es auch nicht programmiert. Eventuell wäre Deine Fragestellung beim Autor des Programms besser aufgehoben?

Nimm KCANMonitor anstatt dem Uralt-Zeug.

Viele Grüße, Rainer
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Rainer Kaufmann - Embedded Software Freelancer
System RKS+CAN: CANHack.de CAN-Bus Interface


Last edited on 18-06-2016, 20:05, edited 3 times in total.
Back to top Profile PM WWW
Vcdsworkx



Joined: 06/18/2016
Posts: 4
Karma: +0 / -0   Thank you, like it!


Premium Support

Post18-06-2016, 19:13    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

I'm doing well with the software and I'm actually using it! The same thing happens with KCANMonitor.

It's not the software that's crashing, just the real-time CAN bus display that freezes until it reconnects to the bus.

As soon as I send my mini-package again, even if it's just a 0, it crashes.


Translated on 29-09-2026, 16:21.
Back to top Profile PM
CAN-Diagnose
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar-CAN-Diagnose

Joined: 06/07/2011
Posts: 575
Karma: +29 / -0   Thank you, like it!
Location: Ländle



Post18-06-2016, 20:04    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

Vcdsworkx wrote:
Nicht die Software stürzt ab nur der in Echtzeit angezeigte Canbus hält an bis zu einem Reconnect auf dem Bus,...

Jetzt kommen wir der Sache schon näher, also Bitrate passt erst einmal d.h. in der Trace-Ansicht werden Nachrichten angezeigt?

Listen-Only in den Programmeinstellungen ist aus?

Das RKS+CAN ist standardmäßig für einen High-Speed CAN mit 120 Ohm terminiert, das kann bei einem Low-Speed CAN kontraproduktiv sein, siehe:
http://www.canhack.de/en/viewtopic.php?t=2103

Viele Grüße, Rainer
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Rainer Kaufmann - Embedded Software Freelancer
System RKS+CAN: CANHack.de CAN-Bus Interface
Back to top Profile PM WWW
Vcdsworkx



Joined: 06/18/2016
Posts: 4
Karma: +0 / -0   Thank you, like it!


Premium Support

Post18-06-2016, 20:11    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

I understand correctly that you're talking about news.

"Listen Only" is, of course, not an option.


I just got some momentum going in the bus, loaded some VCDS software, had the radio display some module information, and suddenly my CAN bus started transmitting data beyond what I was sending via the RKS CAN interface.


Translated on 29-09-2026, 16:24.
Back to top Profile PM
CAN-Diagnose
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar-CAN-Diagnose

Joined: 06/07/2011
Posts: 575
Karma: +29 / -0   Thank you, like it!
Location: Ländle



Post20-06-2016, 9:50    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

Noch eine Idee: Wie ist das Sendeintervall eingestellt? Nicht, daß das auf periodisch alle 0ms steht. icon_smile.gif
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Rainer Kaufmann - Embedded Software Freelancer
System RKS+CAN: CANHack.de CAN-Bus Interface


Last edited on 20-06-2016, 9:50, edited 1 time in total.
Back to top Profile PM WWW
Vcdsworkx



Joined: 06/18/2016
Posts: 4
Karma: +0 / -0   Thank you, like it!


Premium Support

Post20-06-2016, 10:01    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

I didn't know much, but I'm not that stupid.

I've tried a few different speeds for sending, ranging from 1 to 500.

The result is always the same.


What would happen if I removed the 120 ohm resistor from the circuit board?


Translated on 29-09-2026, 16:25.
Back to top Profile PM
CAN-Diagnose
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar-CAN-Diagnose

Joined: 06/07/2011
Posts: 575
Karma: +29 / -0   Thank you, like it!
Location: Ländle



Post20-06-2016, 10:03    Subject: CAN Infotainment: Logging and Sending Issues Quote

Vcdsworkx wrote:
Was wäre wenn ich den 120 ohm Widerstand von der Platine entferne?

Die Entfernung der beiden 60 Ohm Widerstände (High-Speed-CAN Terminierung) aus meiner verlinkten Beschreibung wäre einen Versuch wert.

Viele Grüße, Rainer
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Rainer Kaufmann - Embedded Software Freelancer
System RKS+CAN: CANHack.de CAN-Bus Interface


Last edited on 20-06-2016, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Back to top Profile PM WWW
New Topic Reply 🔗 ⭐ 🖨 CANhack.de - Index » Interior / Comfort CAN
Similar articles and topics
Topic Forum
No new posts Tachometer Signal Probleme - Troubleshooting CAN Bus General
No new posts Problems with Extended CAN CAN Software Tools and Software
No new posts Problems accessing the COM port in C# CAN Bus General
No new posts [Audi] CAN bus issues (navigation deactivation) Interior / Comfort CAN
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.